What is it about the gaming industry that makes everybody (Most people, let’s be honest) want to be a part of in some way? All the different directions people can make their way into it by; competitive gaming, blogs (ah hem), playing regularly, game testing.. a few on the top of my head.
Is it the fact people think it’s an easy job? Maybe they think they are the best clan out there and want to try make a bit of money? For me personally, it’s to have a job that I would enjoy day in, day out. Something exciting that a lot of the older generation don’t understand.. looking at the oldies here. From the great words of ‘Confucius’, “Find a job you love and you’ll never work a day in your life”.
A great quote to live by, definitely one to remember.
Also, it’s something different, something unique, something that if you’re passionate enough about it can never get boring. (Touch wood). I feel like a philosopher here.
Basically, the gaming industry, whichever route you choose to follow to get there, if that’s what you want to do, that’s something you should keep, especially with the recession hitting everybody’s career. No time to go into modern life though now, let’s put this post to an end..
Winniee.

Your blog is looking a lot better than the last time I was here, its really starting to look nice.
ReplyDeleteNow, I'm one of those "oldies" you mentioned.
While I do agree with the sentiment of finding a job you love, a job you will love is not nessessarily one that coincides with your interests/hobbies.
For example, a couple of my interests are graphic design and cooking...both of which I pursued in the past as careers. I quickly discovered in both cases that while I love doing them for myself and friends, actually working those as jobs was not fun at all.
Since then I've gone into a different job field which I enjoy immensely, but does not overlap with my interests.